Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Notes.

A few choice lines from one of my favorite classic black and white movies "All About Eve" Starring Bette Davis.

Margo Channing: "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

Margo Channing: "I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut."

Addison DeWitt: "I'm Addison DeWitt. I'm nobody's fool, least of all yours."

Addison DeWitt: ".. after tonight, you will belong to me.
Eve Harrington: Belong? To you? I can't believe my ears!
Addison DeWitt: What a dull cliché.
Eve Harrington: Belong to you - why, that sounds medieval, something out of an old melodrama!

Eve Harrington: "Get Out!" [throwing the door open]
Addison DeWitt: "..you're too short for that gesture.."

Margo Channing: "Nice speech, Eve. But I wouldn't worry too much about your heart. You can always put that award where your heart ought to be"


I appreciate snappy well written dialogue and crafty wordsmiths.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my favorite films of all time!