Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Nature's Beauty. Almonds



















Almonds are one of my favorite snacks. They are full of the same healthy monounsaturated fat found in olive oil known to prevent heart disease. Nuts such as almonds also help lower cholesterol according to the British Journal of Nutrition. Almonds contain Vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. Eating almonds is known to reduce glycemic index.
Another benefit from the Journal of Obesity is that people who eat nuts at least two times a week were 31% less likely to gain weight than those who never eat nuts, although many people believe the opposite is true.

2 comments:

StevenW said...

I'll be packing almonds for a snack for my days at the beach next week! Great!

Ni Taylor said...

I put pistachios against almonds any day........ But, these are my 2nd fav nut