Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Notes. Project Runway Season 8 Finale

Design. Mondo

Mondo and Michael Costello in one of the best moments of the season.

I must admit I've found season 8 of Project Runway designers a bit lackluster. It's also taken some getting used to with the show being on Lifetime and not Bravo. With that said, I'm still a fan of  Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia, Michael Kors and the show itself as one of the best in reality TV.

This season I grew to really like Michael Costello and was so sad to see him go last week.  His departure had me reaching for the Kleenex feeling his extreme disappointment. He seemed like such a humble person despite the numerous daggers he endured from fellow cast mates and his workmanship was always better than he was given credit for by the competing designers. The drama was the pull of the season and perhaps that was intended but the extra half hour wasn't needed. There was another episode where Mondo discussed his HIV status and relationship with his Mom that also made me emotional. Had Michael made it to Bryant Park it would have been priceless just to see Gretchen's face when he walked through the door declaring "I made it."

My pick to win it is Mondo, although his designs are a bit kitsch, I like the way he uses color and mixes bold patterns. On top of that, he was open enough to admit he had misjudged Michael as a designer and a person.

No comments: