Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Classic Beauty. Jody Watley












































This image is of my first and only solo cover of Jet Magazine and was in my Tumblr feed yesterday, it was cool to be reminded of it. I must say though that I never got the 'sexy' part. the last thing I ever tried to do was work that angle, especially since I was already the mother of a young daughter at that time.
I've always kept "classic" as my inspiration so that years later I won't cringe when I see old photo's of myself - I didn't when I saw this yesterday.
In the music business, there are always people trying to make you change into something you're not to be more appealing or marketable in one way or another. I've really always tried to be true to who I am, and not who other's want me to be or think I should be.




Here's a link to my Tumblr which I've been fiddling with a bit here and there: http://jodywatley.tumblr.com/

No comments: