Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Friday, October 7, 2011

I Like His Style. Steve Jobs




Regardless if you like Apple products (I happen to like them very much and well as the simplicity of design). I remember the first family computer, and I would call out to my daughter to 'get me on the internet!' when she was in Junior High; or would assist with her numerous essays and the consequences of not saving documents if the computer crashed. Remember the slow sound of dial up - waiting regardless of your system? We can laugh about it now. Aesthetically, and performance wise Apple always appealed to my sensibilities and my children.  I was thrust into what would become a household staple for millions of people.  We still have each model of the iPod collecting dust, as newer sleeker models have been released. I enjoy walking into an Apple store, always chic in it's simplicity regardless of where you are in the world. He was a teacher of 'brand building' and was astute in building anticipation and excitement with each new innovation.
Though iPods in some ways may be responsible for diminishing the appreciation of the full experience of an album as a whole - it's the fault of the music industry for ignoring the shifting paradigms before they happened.  Jobs as a CEO did in selling his music device which made music portable. I don't miss schlepping CD's when I travel and appreciate the ease of plugging in my iPod in the car.

Steve Jobs was an undeniable innovator and visionary. He is the Thomas edison of the new millennium; a man who set out to change the world and achieved it. His innovations caused other computer, cell phone and animation companies to follow suit. To be fired from a company you originally beginning in your  home garage, only to return and take it to unimaginable heights is inspirational. Read more: Here












"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma-which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs



He was also adopted and a college dropout..this speech is profound.


My condolences to his family and friends.


No comments: