Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nature's Beauty. Green Tea


















I drink green tea just about everyday, without sugar or cream. I learned to enjoy it over the years when dining out at Chinese or Japanese restaurants. There was a time when I couldn't drink tea with some sort of sweetener. When I was younger it was more a case of tea with my sugar, but I outgrew that habit. If you are someone who is always looking for small ways to take care of your physical health, drinking green tea is one way to do just that. It's natural antioxidants and medicinal benefits have been known in Chinese culture for centuries, treating everything from depression to headaches and in recent years has shown up in research by America's National Cancer Institute.
Green tea is another of those gems which may help reduce risks of cancer, lowers cholesterol, prevent cardiovascular disease,  boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. I recently learned that it also helps in preventing tooth decay.
Green teas contains a bit of caffeine, but less than coffee.

No comments: