Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Notes. Blurred Vision































I'm amused while writing this 'aging and life over forty' essay. We all know it, everything is youth based which makes women in particular prone to be a bit neurotic when it comes to the subject of aging because of the images we are inundated with on a daily basis. Part of my desire to do this blog is to share some of the thoughts you don't really see in magazines.

If you've worn glasses all of your life you might not relate to this post. If you are of a certain age and have found yourself squinting, holding menu's far from your face and back again close enough to your nose to smell the page or menu - this is for you. If you're older, never had to wear glasses in your life and coming to terms with the fact that your eyes and vision are changing? Read on.

I was in denial for quite a while and suffered through blurred vision while trying to read small print. I was squinting like crazy. Visa and passport forms, ingredients on labels or even trying to read a book or magazine article after a certain time of day had become my enemy and were accompanied with thoughts of 'Oh, no'.

Determined not to become the old lady with the glasses dangling from her neck I prolonged the inevitable; getting my eyes checked and being told the dreaded "You'll need a prescription for reading glasses, no more 20/20 vision." "How can this be cute?", I thought. It was silly vanity and I recognize it. I feel so young, surely my eyes felt the same way. This was not to be and after a hilarious dinner with friends where the lighting was a bit too ambient for all of us, we laughed acknowledging how we all felt. Each of us was in the same dreaded boat titled 'Your Eyes Are Going Bad'. Holding a tealight or votive candle or other tiny form of illumination closely to shine a light on our food choices was no longer doing the trick. Neither was extending your arms from your body with menu's in hand, as if by doing so and apparent magic, the words would appear large enough to read. If you've been there, I hope you're having a good laugh right now with me.

It's been several of years now, and I'm still not the lady with the glasses dangling from her neck. I'll never get one of those chains unless I become a seamstress. Instead, I've made a decision that if I must wear them I'll find the pair which suits me best. Lasik surgery or anything like that is out of the question because the very thought frightens me and putting in contact lenses - forget about it.

Currently, I've really come to love my Oliver Peoples 'Ari' glasses. They're like chic nerd glasses or perhaps I was channeling a sexy school teacher. Whatever the case, the frame is a vintage inspired square masculine shape in what they describe as 'olive tortoise' color, with a brown hue. I tried on at least 10 pair in the optical boutique before choosing them. Luckily I had a patient and understanding sales associate. I've gone through 3 styles from Paul Smith and Chanel over the past few years, but these are my favorite. People always compliment them when I wear them, but best of all I can see what I'm trying to read or on this case - type!

Another lesson learned, now that I need them, is to always keep a spare pair on hand - but that's another post.

2 comments:

Kimberly Williams said...

In truth there is no known pharmaceutical cure for Diabetes, but the good news is 'Diabetes is cured naturally by herbal medicine and with the right herbal proportion.
Doctors told my husband no cure, and still advised him not to research that he won't succeed and never offered him a solution. Thanks to the media and internet where I found Dr James @ drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com who is an African Roots and Herbal practitioner. I saw testimonials and we decided to give it a trial and thank God today my husband is Diabetes-free and he had said bye to pharmaceutical drugs for good  After I saw these changes in 2019, I told some people I know about  Dr. James herbal mix medicine in west Africa , they used it and told others about it and the good news about Dr.James herbal healings keeps spreading.
As interesting as this is, Dr.James has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]. 

Anonymous said...

Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:    Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
He listed that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis