Fashion. Beauty. Health. Life. Style. Music. Art.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Classic Retro| Jody Watley Vintage 1989.




Photographer Victoria Pearson and I came across the Jeep "Hot Chocolate" while on location in downtown Los Angeles shooting photo's for my tour book. I didn't want the tour book to be a standard artist's tour book. The idea was for the book to be more like a fashion magazine. We seized the moment and set up the shot in minutes.

I'm wearing Jean Paul Gaultier (including the bangles), and bronze stiletto mules from Frederick's of Hollywood. I became a fan of Gaultier and began wearing his designs in 1984 while I lived in London. As with all of my imaging, there was never a stylist - just me wanting to reflect my own style and sense of self.

I've always loved knowing what I want to do, though remaining open for spontaneous moments like this.

No comments: